Window installation with exterior insulation is a challenge.
Solve the problem with ThermalBuck™.
ThermalBuck was designed to solve multiple problems when installing windows with continuous insulation and/or rainscreens. It extends the mounting point of windows & doors to create a flush plane for cladding. It also insulates the rough opening, limiting a common thermal bridge in the building envelope. Simple to install and easier to flash than a traditional wood buck, ThermalBuck is a true continuous insulation solution.
- A high performance window installation solution for exterior rigid insulation
- A verified Passive House installation detail
- Supports the weight of the window, and handles shear & wind loads.
- Dimensionally stable and strong, ThermalBuck helps to maintain the integrity of the window installation.
- Simplifies flashing, and adds an additional air & water barrier at the rough opening.
- Available in depths of 1.0” to 4”, to match the exterior insulation and/or rainscreen depth. R-value 4.4 per inch