Hiring and managing employees
Information on payroll, wages and other human resources obligations and advice on recruiting, training and managing employees.
Recruiting and hiring
• Looking to hire a helping hand? Find out how to hire full-time employees, summer students, foreign workers, apprentices and get the right talent for your business.
Payroll and benefits
• Find out how to handle payroll deductions and earnings reporting. Learn about ways to reduce your employment insurance premiums or offer supplemental unemployment benefits.
Wage subsidies and other assistance programs
• Are high wage expectations making you reluctant to put up that Help Wanted sign? A wage subsidy or other assistance program can help you hire and retain the right talent.
Human resources management
• Get ideas for effective management of your employees, including keeping employee records, performance management, training, teleworking, managing employees during difficult times and more.
• What do you need to do when an employee leaves? Learn about obligations like the Record of Employment and best practices like exit interviews.
Labour market information
• Access monthly labour market bulletins for specific regions of the country for analysis for the local labour market and local employment-related events.
Human resources regulations
• It is important to understand your obligations and responsibilities as an employer. Following these rules will help ensure that your employees are treated fairly and kept safe while at work.