Walker Textures® Traction is a line of anti-slip acid-etched glass. It consists of two well known patterns 406 and 407, as well as Force a full surface etch without any pattern at all.
The demand for acid-etched glass in pedestrian areas has steadily increased over recent years. Its remarkable qualities in light transmittance and of its aesthetics have unquestionably contributed to this situation.
The Walker Textures® Traction anti-slip acid-etched glass products ally discretion, light transmittance, durability, safety and add an undeniable sophisticated touch of design. The coefficient of friction for the three Traction options has been calculated based on ANSI A137.1:2012 Section 9.6 - Procedure for Dynamic Coefficient of Friction (DCOF).
Traction glass is typically used as part of a multi-layer glass assembly requiring appropriate engineering. Please consult a structural engineer before designing a glass stair tread or floor.
Walker Textures® Traction offers many advantages, including:
- Superior coefficient of friction
- No restriction of light flow
- Superior resistance to surface contamination from dirt, oils, chemicals, liquids, food, etc.
- Sophisticated touch of design
- Conducive to high quality edgework
- Excellent wear resistance properties
- Consistent acid-etched finish
- Free of iridescence