NEEP was founded in 1996 as a non-profit accelerating energy efficiency in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states. Today, it is one of six Regional Energy Efficiency Organizations (REEOs) funded, in part, by US Department of Energy to support state efficiency policies and programs.
Our mission is to accelerate energy efficiency as an essential part of demand-side solutions that enable a sustainable regional energy system.
Our vision is that the region embraces next generation energy efficiency as a core strategy to meet energy needs in a carbon-constrained world.
Our long-term shared goal is to assist the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Region in reducing carbon emissions 80% by 2050 (relative to 2001).
Our strategies are:
- Advance Regional Market Transformation Opportunities
- Provide Independent Analysis and Technical Expertise
- Advance Knowledge and Best Practices
- Engage and Empower Stakeholders
- Maintain a Strong, Nimble, and Responsive Organization